Awesome Unity =============
A categorized community-driven collection of high-quality awesome Unity assets, projects, and resources. Free assets and resources are prioritized over paid when possible.
Suggestions and contributions are always welcome! Make sure to read the contribution guidelines for more information before submitting a pull request.
Thanks to all the contributors, this wouldn't be possible without you!
- Pixel Camera 2D - A simple pixel perfect camera with scaling options for 2D Games.
- Spine (Paid) - A skeletal animation editor with a Unity library.
- Tiled2Unity - Takes your Tiled files and creates Unity prefabs from them that are easily placed into your Unity scene. Complex collision is supported through Unity’s PolygonCollider2D class.
- UnityTiled - An importer for Tiled maps.
- A* Pathfinding Project - Lightning fast pathfinding with heavily optimized algorithms and a large feature set.
Apex Path (Paid) - Apex Path handles dynamic pathfinding including local avoidance steering and dynamic obstacles.
Crystal AI - Crystal is a fast, scalable and extensible utility based AI framework for C# and Unity.
Augmented & Virtual Reality¶
- ARToolKit - Augmented Reality SDK that includes libraries, utilities, and examples.
- Google VR SDK - Scripts and prefabs to help with the development of Google Daydream and Cardboard apps for Android and iOS.
- Virtual Reality Toolkit - Virtual Reality framework that allows for powerful interactions, locomotion, and visual effects.
- Vuforia - Augmented Reality SDK with image and object recognition, smart terrain and extended tracking features.
- CharacterController2D - A 2D controller that behaves very similarly to Unity's CharacterController component.
- Fungus - An easy to use Unity 3D library for creating illustrated Interactive Fiction games.
- StrangeIoC - Strange is a super-lightweight and highly extensible Inversion-of-Control (IoC) framework, written specifically for C# and Unity.
- uFrame (Paid) - Create maintainable games faster, better, more stable, and consistent than ever before.
- InControl - An input manager that tames makes handler cross-platform. controller input easy.
- InputBinder - Bind game inputs to methods via code or using the inspector to add event driven input handling to your project.
- TouchKit - Makes it easy to recognize gestures and other touch input.
- TouchScript - Makes handling complex gesture interactions on any touch surface much easier.
- GoKit - An open source, lightweight tween library aimed at making tweening objects dead simple.
- Consolation - In-game debug console that displays output from
- GitHub for Unity - The new GitHub for Unity extension brings the GitHub workflow and more to Unity, providing support for large files with Git LFS and file locking.
- Scene View Bookmarks - Editor extension to bookmark and later recall scene views.
- UniRx - UniRx (Reactive Extensions for Unity) is a reimplementation of the .NET Reactive Extensions. Rx cures the "asynchronous blues" without async/await.
- UnityToolbag - Collection of miscellaneous open source scripts and helpers for Unity 5.0.
- Vimeo Unity SDK - Easily stream your Vimeo videos into Unity or record and publish out to Vimeo.
- Nodulus - A complete puzzle game with a clever twist. Play it online.
Tips and Tricks¶
- Editor Tips - Tips in gif form showing a few ways to use the editor more efficiently.
- Unity Labs' Super Science - Gems of Unity Labs for user education.
- Unity Tips - Short videos showing some handy tips when using Unity.
- 2D Splatter Effects Using the Stencil Buffer - Using the stencil buffer in Unity to draw splatter effects on surfaces. This could be used for paint or blood splatter.
- A Gentle Introduction to Shaders in Unity3D - This series of posts will introduce you to shader coding, and is oriented to developers with little to no knowledge about shaders.
- Catlike Coding - Tutorials designed for learning the C# scripting side of Unity.
- Fixing Gaps Between Sprites - A short tutorial about removing the small gaps that sometimes appear between adjacent sprites.
- Modern GUI Development in Unity 4.6 - A video tutorial providing an in-depth explanation of Unity's new UI system.
- Official Video Tutorials - The official tutorials for scripting, animation, audio, and almost anything Unity related.
- Ray Wenderlich's Tutorials - Beginner and mid-level tutorials focused on learning Unity features or creating small example games.
- Unity in HoloLens - Official tutorials from Microsoft for creating Microsoft HoloLens applications.
- Unity Virtual Reality - Unity's official documentation on developing virtual reality applications.
Please see CONTRIBUTING for details.