Awesome ESP ¶
A curated list of awesome ESP8266/32 projects and code.
Both the ESP8266 and the ESP32 are low-cost Wi-Fi microchips with full TCP/IP stack and microcontroller capabilities produced by the Shanghai-based manufacturer Espressif Systems.
See Contributing for information on how to contribute to this list.
- Espressif AT - The default vanilla firmware for the ESP8266.
- NodeMCU - An eLua-based firmware for the ESP8266.
- ESPBasic - A BASIC firmware for easy and wireless programming, ready for the 8266.
- MicroPython - An implemention of Python3 for the ESP8266 and 32.
- ESP32 - An experimental firmware for 3D Printers, both the ESP32 and 8266.
- Frankenstein - A quick and dirty firmware with cool features for the ESP8266.
- MongooseOS - An IoT specific firmware, with both C and JS. Available for the ESP32/8266.
- DeviceHive - A firmware made as a client for DeviceHive's IoT data platform, only for the 8266.
- RT-Thread - Chinese open source firmware available for the ESP32.
- Sming Framework - Superb C/C++ IoT Framework with support for ESP8266 and ESP32.
- ESP Flash Tool - The vanilla firmware flasher for both ESP's.
- Arduino Core/8266 - The Arduino core for the ESP8266.
- Arduino Core/32 - The other Arduino core for the ESP32.
- ESPTool - Espressif's command line tool for bootloader comms in both ESP's.
- ESP-Open-SDK - An open SDK for the ESP8266.
- ESPTool-ck - A CLI tool for flashing in the ESP8266.
- ESPTool-gui - A flashing GUI tool based on ESPTool-ck.
- NodeMCU Flasher - NodeMCU's official flashing tool for its OS.
- LuaNode - A lua-only SDK for 32/8266.
- Tuya-Convert - A Wi-Fi firmware flasher ESP8266 that has been pre-loaded with Tuya firmware.
- Tasmotizer - A graphical flashing tool for Tasmota firmware. Can manage Wi-Fi & MQTT settings, modules & templates.
- Arduino FS Plugin - An Arduino plugin for filesystem uploads in the 8266.
- PlatformIO - Cross Platform IDE and Debugger that supports both the ESP32 and ESP8266.
Smart Home and IoT¶
- OpenMQTTGateway - An implementation of a multiprotocol MQTT gateway for both ESP's among other devices.
- ESPHome - A full-featured system for controlling ESP's through simple yet powerful configuration files and Home Automation systems.
- Tasmota - An alternative firmware for Sonoff & other ESP8266/ESP32 devices. Includes a large collection of sensor drivers & integrates with Home Assistant natively or via MQTT.
- Sonoff-Homekit - An alternative firmware for Sonoff devices (and other 8266 devices) which allows control through Apple's Homekit.
- DoorsignEPD - A smart... doorsign with an E-Paper display using the ESP32.
- EPaperWeatherDisplay - A very cute e-ink weather display using the ESP32.
- SuperGreenOS - A full-featured home farming automation software for the ESP32.
- CanAirIO - Citizen science project that uses mobile and fixed stations to measure air quality with ESP32 and smartphones.
- ESP32-BLECollector - A wardriving device which displays BLE devices and collects data from them, all in a nice screen interface.
- ESP32Marauder - An integrated suite of offensive and defensive tools for WiFi and Bluetooth.
- ArduinoPcap - A library which allows generation of .pcap files with network traffic, for both ESP's.
- WiFi Satellite - A giant Wifi "satellite" that can monitor all 14 2.4Ghz channels using, well, 14 ESP32s.
- ESP8266 Deauther - A very cool pseudojammer (deauther) of Wifi networks that uses the ESP8266.
- PacketMonitor - A beautiful OLED monitor for packet activity in a WiFi channel. Two versions for each ESP.
- WiFiDuck - A wireless-enabled keystroke injector, analogous, but even more awesome than the Rubber Ducky.
- ESP8266 Beacon Spam - Want to confuse people? This device creates hundreds of fake WiFi networks.
- DeauthDetector - A small device that shines a light if it detects a WiFi deauth attack. Made by the same guy as the last six projects.
- HeartyPatch - A wearable BLE and WiFi connected ECG-HR patch which uses the ESP32.
- HealthyPi v4 - An amazing open source vital signs monitor that can monitor ECG, respiration, pulse oximetry and body temperature, all run by an ESP32.
- Meshtastic - ESP32 LoRA boards as secure, long battery life, mesh GPS communicators.
- ESP32-Paxcounter Wifi & Bluetooth driven, LoRaWAN enabled, battery powered mini Paxcounter built on cheap ESP32 LoRa IoT boards
- Disaster Radio - A disaster-resilient communications network powered by the sun
- Open SmartWatch - A FOSS smartwatch with GPS, an inertial unit and an extremely cool 3D-printed case.
- SoftRF - A DIY aviation proximity awareness system that can be used in UAV projects.
- Retro ESP32 - An extremely cool launcher for the Odroid Go (with the ESP32), which allows emulating several retro consoles.
- PedalinoMini - A wireless MIDI pedal controller for guitarists, built with the ESP32.
- StickWatch - A smartwatch module based on the M5Stick, using the ESP32.
- DroneBridge - An implementation of DroneBridge, a signal link for drones and UAV's on the ESP32.
- Wasm3 - A lightning fast WebAssembly interpreter designed for embedded devices, compatible with both ESP's.
- Homie8266 - Framework implementation of the Homie protocol for the 8266.
- ESP-Dash - Beautiful and fast framework for creating remote dashboards in the 8266/32. No internet required.
- ESP_mqtt - MQTT helper library for the ESP8266.
- GUIslice - A drag and drop GUI framework for several devices and screen controllers. Compatible with 8266 and 32.
- MicroWebSrv2 - A very powerful MicroPython web server which can be used in the ESP32.
- IRremoteESP8266 - Emit and receive IR signals in the ESP8266.
- esphomelib - Framework to integrate with HomeAssistant in the 8266.
- TTS - A somehow good text to speech library for several Arduino devices, both ESP's included.
- Free802.11 - Library to emit arbitrary 802.11 signals with the ESP32.
- Koyn - A decentralized Bitcoin library for the ESP32 and the ESP8266.
- TFTLibrary - TFT compatibility for the ESP32.
- UTFT-ESP - UTFT Support for the ESP32/8266.
- ESPAudio - Library for playing a diverse range of audio formats in the ESP8266/ESP32.
- AsyncTCP - Asynchronous TCP Library for both the 8266 and the 32.
- ESP-HomeKit - Homekit implementation for 8266 on RTOS.
- ESPHelper - MQTT and Wi-fi automation-oriented library for the 8266.
- ESPHelper/32 - Port of the ESPHelper library for the 32.
- ESP8266Wifi - Simple Arduino Wifi library for the 8266.
- WiFiESP - Arduino library for Wifi management, client/server for 8266 board.
- TinyGSM - A quick and simple Arduino library for interaction with GSM modules which can also control the 8266 through AT commands.
- mJS - A lightweight and restricted JS engine that is used by MongooseOS, compatible on the 32 and 8266.
- ESPUI - A simply library for making interactive web interfaces for both ESP's.
- ESP32 ePaper - A full-featured library for using ePaper modules with the ESP32.
- TinyUPnP - A lightweight UPnP IGD library for automatic port forwarding on the 8266 and 32.
- Esp32SSHClient - A library that implements a SSH client in the ESP32.
- painlessMesh - A library that takes care of the particulars of creating a simple mesh network using ESP8266 and ESP32 hardware.
- WifiEspNow - Arduino library for ESP-NOW, a connectionless WiFi communication protocol defined by Espressif.
- go-mcu - Golang package for interacting with NodeMCU-based boards.
- CanAirIO SensorLib - ESP32/8266 library with auto-configuration of multiple PM2.5, CO2 and environment sensors.
- Dhyara - A C/C++ library for making a Mobile Ad hoc Network (MANET) using ESP Now.