Awesome SSH ¶
Inspired by the awesome list thing.
Please read the contribution guidelines if you want to contribute.
assh- Transparent wrapper (ProxyCommand) that adds regex, aliases, gateways, includes, dynamic hostnames to SSH and
- storm - Manage your SSH like a boss.
- ansible-ssh-config - Letting Ansible manage
- ec2ssh - A
ssh_configmanager for AWS EC2.
- ssh-config - A tool to help manage your
Tools using the SSH protocol¶
- scp - Secure remote file copy utility over SSH.
- rsync - Fast incremental transfer utility that supports SSH.
- sftp - File transfer protocol over SSH.
- curl - Command line tool and library to transfer data (support
- sshportal - simple, fun, and transparent SSH (& Telnet) Bastion Server
- ssh2docker - SSH server to Docker containers.
- ssh-proxy - Dockerized SSH bastion to proxy SSH connections to arbitrary containers.
- whosthere - A SSH server that knows who you are.
$ ssh whoami.filippo.io.
- sshfront - Programmable SSH frontend.
- ssh-chat - Chat over SSH.
- sshcommand - Turn SSH into a thin client specifically for your app.
- sshmuxd -
- x84 - A python
sshserver for modern UTF-8 and classic cp437 network virtual terminals. In spirit of classic software such as ami/x, teleguard, renegade, iniquity.
- teleport - Modern SSH server for clusters and teams.
- ShellHub - A SSH gateway for remotely accessing any Linux device behind firewall and NAT.
- Mosh - The mobile shell.
- sshfs - Filesystem client based on the SSH File Transfer Protocol.
- ngrok - Introspected tunnels to localhost.
- localtunnel - Expose localhost servers to the Internet.
- sshuttle - Transparent proxy server that works as a poor man's VPN. Forwards over
ssh. Doesn't require admin. Works with Linux and MacOS. Supports DNS tunneling.
- sshttp - SSH/HTTP(S) multiplexer. Run a webserver and a
sshdon the same port w/o changes.
- switcher - Run SSH and HTTP(S) on the same port.
- sslh - Applicative Protocol Multiplexer (i.e: SSH + HTTPS).
- tund - SSH reverse tunnel daemon.
- autossh - Automatically respawn SSH session after network interruption.
- wssh - SSH to WebSockets Bridge.
- docker-volume-sshfs -
sshfsdocker volume plugin.
- quicssh - QUIC proxy for SSH
- sshpiper - The missing reverse proxy for ssh scp.
- sshhub - Web Service: access your SSH servers behind firewalls (ssh-teamviewer).
- tmux - Terminal multiplexer.
- clusterssh - Cluster admin via SSH.
- tmux-cssh -
tmuxwith a ClusterSSH-like behavior.
- tm -
tmuxmanager / helper.
- i2cssh -
csshXlike SSH tool for iTerm2.
- ClusterSSH - Controls a number of
xtermwindows via a single graphical console.
SSH keys / Authentication¶
- authy-ssh - Easy two-factor authentication for SSH servers.
- github-auth - SSH key management for GitHub users.
- cipherhub - Encrypt messages based on SSH public keys with easy import from GitHub.
- Slack notifications (archived version) - Guide to setup Slack notifications (can be modified for other services).
- totp-ssh-fluxer - A way to make sure your
sshdport changes every 30 seconds.
- github-keygen - Easy creation of secure SSH configuration for your GitHub account(s).
- kr - Kr agent that route access request to the paired mobile phone where Kryptonite is installed.
- ServerAuth - Automatically sync SSH access across servers
- ssh-ident - Different agents and different keys for different projects, with
- oh-my-zsh/plugins/ssh-agent -
- sshecret - Automatically create and manage multiple agents for multiple keys.
- xxh - Bring your favorite shell wherever you go through the ssh.
- sshrc - Bring your
.vimrc, etc. with you when you
- kyrat - SSH wrapper script that brings your dotfiles always with you on Linux and OSX.
- ssh-vault - encrypt/decrypt files using ssh keys
- ssh-ping - check if host is reachable using ssh_config
- SSHPry v2 - Spy & Control os SSH Connected client's TTY
- redial - Terminal Based SSH Session Manager for Unix Systems
- Ansible - App deployment, configuration management and orchestration over SSH.
- rtop - Interactive, remote system monitoring tool based on SSH.
- DSH - Dancer's shell / distributed shell - Wrapper for executing multiple remote shell commands from one command line.
- parallel-ssh - Provides parallel versions of OpenSSH and related tools.
- SSH Power Tool - Execute commands and upload files to many servers simultaneously without using pre-shared keys.
- Secure Shell chrome extension
- GateOne - HTML5-powered terminal emulator and SSH client.
- KeyBox - Web-based SSH console that centrally manages administrative access to systems.
- Apache Guacamole - Apache Guacamole is a HTML5 based clientless remote desktop gateway. It supports standard protocols like VNC, RDP, and SSH.
- SSHmon - Real-time GUI to monitor SSH connections and establish port forwardings.
Testing / Honeypots¶
- ssh-hammer - SSH load testing tool.
- kippo - SSH Honeypot.
- cowrie - SSH Honeypot (based on kippo).
- sshmitm - SSH monkey-in-the-middle.
- ssh-audit - A tool for SSH server auditing.
- sshesame - A fake SSH server that lets everyone in and logs their activity.
Alternatives to SSH¶
- GoTTY - Share your terminal as web application.
- telnet - An unencrypted network protocol and an application used to connect to remote computers and issue commands.
- ttyd - Share your terminal over the web.
- rsh - An unencrypted network protocol and application used to connect to remote computers and issue commands.
- libssh - The SSH library.
- crypto/ssh - Built-in SSH client and server library.
- sftp - SFTP support for the go.crypto/ssh package.
- go-sshkit - Toolkit for building SSH servers and clients in Go.
- Socker - Library for Go to simplify the use of SSH.
- go-sshkeys - Golang SSH Keys manipulation library
- jsch - Pure java, BSD licensed, SSH2 client library.
- paramiko - Native Python SSHv2 protocol library.
- net-ssh - Pure Ruby implementation of an SSH (protocol 2) client.
- How to use SSH to Connect to a Remote Server
- Best practices
- Granting Temporary Access to Your Servers (Using Signed SSH Keys)
- How to SSH login without a password
- Gist: SSH Recipes - Collection of recipes for writing awesome ssh config files.
- 01/14/2016 - Integer Overflow
CVE 2016 077[7-8].
- Security/Guidelines/OpenSSH - MozillaWiki -
- Applied-Crypto-Hardening -
To the extent possible under law, Manfred Touron has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.