Awesome Data Engineering ==========================
List of content
- RQLite Replicated SQLite using the Raft consensus protocol
- MySQL The world's most popular open source database.
- MariaDB An enhanced, drop-in replacement for MySQL.
- PostgreSQL The world's most advanced open source database.
- Amazon RDS Amazon RDS makes it easy to set up, operate, and scale a relational database in the cloud.
- Crate.IO Scalable SQL database with the NOSQL goodies.
- Redis An open source, BSD licensed, advanced key-value cache and store.
- Riak A distributed database designed to deliver maximum data availability by distributing data across multiple servers.
- AWS DynamoDB A fast and flexible NoSQL database service for all applications that need consistent, single-digit millisecond latency at any scale.
- HyperDex HyperDex is a scalable, searchable key-value store. Deprecated.
- SSDB A high performance NoSQL database supporting many data structures, an alternative to Redis
- Kyoto Tycoon Kyoto Tycoon is a lightweight network server on top of the Kyoto Cabinet key-value database, built for high-performance and concurrency
- IonDB A key-value store for microcontroller and IoT applications
- Cassandra The right choice when you need scalability and high availability without compromising performance.
- Cassandra Calculator This simple form allows you to try out different values for your Apache Cassandra cluster and see what the impact is for your application.
- CCM A script to easily create and destroy an Apache Cassandra cluster on localhost
- ScyllaDB NoSQL data store using the seastar framework, compatible with Apache Cassandra https://www.scylladb.com/
- HBase The Hadoop database, a distributed, scalable, big data store.
- AWS Redshift A fast, fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse that makes it simple and cost-effective to analyze all your data using your existing business intelligence tools.
- FiloDB Distributed. Columnar. Versioned. Streaming. SQL.
- Vertica Distributed, MPP columnar database with extensive analytics SQL.
- ClickHouse Distributed columnar DBMS for OLAP. SQL.
- Cassandra The right choice when you need scalability and high availability without compromising performance.
- MongoDB An open-source, document database designed for ease of development and scaling.
- Elasticsearch Search & Analyze Data in Real Time.
- Couchbase The highest performing NoSQL distributed database.
- RethinkDB The open-source database for the realtime web.
- RavenDB Fully Transactional NoSQL Document Database.
- Neo4j The world’s leading graph database.
- OrientDB 2nd Generation Distributed Graph Database with the flexibility of Documents in one product with an Open Source commercial friendly license.
- ArangoDB A distributed free and open-source database with a flexible data model for documents, graphs, and key-values.
- Titan A scalable graph database optimized for storing and querying graphs containing hundreds of billions of vertices and edges distributed across a multi-machine cluster.
- FlockDB A distributed, fault-tolerant graph database by Twitter. Deprecated.
- InfluxDB Scalable datastore for metrics, events, and real-time analytics.
- OpenTSDB A scalable, distributed Time Series Database.
- QuestDB A relational column-oriented database designed for real-time analytics on time series and event data.
- kairosdb Fast scalable time series database.
- Heroic A scalable time series database based on Cassandra and Elasticsearch, by Spotify
- Druid Column oriented distributed data store ideal for powering interactive applications
- Riak-TS Riak TS is the only enterprise-grade NoSQL time series database optimized specifically for IoT and Time Series data
- Akumuli Akumuli is a numeric time-series database. It can be used to capture, store and process time-series data in real-time. The word "akumuli" can be translated from esperanto as "accumulate".
- Rhombus A time-series object store for Cassandra that handles all the complexity of building wide row indexes.
- Dalmatiner DB Fast distributed metrics database
- Blueflood A distributed system designed to ingest and process time series data
- Timely Timely is a time series database application that provides secure access to time series data based on Accumulo and Grafana.
- Tarantool Tarantool is an in-memory database and application server.
- GreenPlum The Greenplum Database (GPDB) is an advanced, fully featured, open source data warehouse. It provides powerful and rapid analytics on petabyte scale data volumes.
- cayley An open-source graph database. Google.
- Snappydata SnappyData: OLTP + OLAP Database built on Apache Spark
- TimescaleDB: Built as an extension on top of PostgreSQL, TimescaleDB is a time-series SQL database providing fast analytics, scalability, with automated data management on a proven storage engine.
- Kafka Publish-subscribe messaging rethought as a distributed commit log.
- BottledWater Change data capture from PostgreSQL into Kafka. Deprecated.
- kafkat Simplified command-line administration for Kafka brokers
- kafkacat Generic command line non-JVM Apache Kafka producer and consumer
- pg-kafka A PostgreSQL extension to produce messages to Apache Kafka
- librdkafka The Apache Kafka C/C++ library
- kafka-docker Kafka in Docker
- kafka-manager A tool for managing Apache Kafka
- kafka-node Node.js client for Apache Kafka 0.8
- Secor Pinterest's Kafka to S3 distributed consumer
- Kafka-logger Kafka-winston logger for nodejs from uber
- AWS Kinesis A fully managed, cloud-based service for real-time data processing over large, distributed data streams.
- RabbitMQ Robust messaging for applications.
- FluentD An open source data collector for unified logging layer.
- Embulk An open source bulk data loader that helps data transfer between various databases, storages, file formats, and cloud services.
- Apache Sqoop A tool designed for efficiently transferring bulk data between Apache Hadoop and structured datastores such as relational databases.
- Heka Data Acquisition and Processing Made Easy. Deprecated.
- Gobblin Universal data ingestion framework for Hadoop from Linkedin
- Nakadi Nakadi is an open source event messaging platform that provides a REST API on top of Kafka-like queues.
- Pravega Pravega provides a new storage abstraction - a stream - for continuous and unbounded data.
- Apache Pulsar Apache Pulsar is an open-source distributed pub-sub messaging system.
- AWS Data Wranlger Utility belt to handle data on AWS.
- Snakebite A pure python HDFS client
- AWS S3
- smart_open Utils for streaming large files (S3, HDFS, gzip, bz2)
- Alluxio Alluxio is a memory-centric distributed storage system enabling reliable data sharing at memory-speed across cluster frameworks, such as Spark and MapReduce
- CEPH Ceph is a unified, distributed storage system designed for excellent performance, reliability and scalability
- OrangeFS Orange File System is a branch of the Parallel Virtual File System
- SnackFS SnackFS is our bite-sized, lightweight HDFS compatible FileSystem built over Cassandra
- GlusterFS Gluster Filesystem
- XtreemFS fault-tolerant distributed file system for all storage needs
- SeaweedFS Seaweed-FS is a simple and highly scalable distributed file system. There are two objectives: to store billions of files! to serve the files fast! Instead of supporting full POSIX file system semantics, Seaweed-FS choose to implement only a key~file mapping. Similar to the word "NoSQL", you can call it as "NoFS".
- S3QL S3QL is a file system that stores all its data online using storage services like Google Storage, Amazon S3, or OpenStack.
- LizardFS LizardFS Software Defined Storage is a distributed, parallel, scalable, fault-tolerant, Geo-Redundant and highly available file system.
- Apache Avro Apache Avro™ is a data serialization system
- Apache Parquet Apache Parquet is a columnar storage format available to any project in the Hadoop ecosystem, regardless of the choice of data processing framework, data model or programming language.
- Apache ORC The smallest, fastest columnar storage for Hadoop workloads
- Apache Thrift The Apache Thrift software framework, for scalable cross-language services development
- ProtoBuf Protocol Buffers - Google's data interchange format
- SequenceFile SequenceFile is a flat file consisting of binary key/value pairs. It is extensively used in MapReduce as input/output formats
- Kryo Kryo is a fast and efficient object graph serialization framework for Java
- Apache Beam Apache Beam is a unified programming model that implements both batch and streaming data processing jobs that run on many execution engines.
- Spark Streaming Spark Streaming makes it easy to build scalable fault-tolerant streaming applications.
- Apache Flink Apache Flink is a streaming dataflow engine that provides data distribution, communication, and fault tolerance for distributed computations over data streams.
- Apache Storm Apache Storm is a free and open source distributed realtime computation system
- Apache Samza Apache Samza is a distributed stream processing framework
- Apache NiFi is an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to process and distribute data
- Apache Hudi Apache Hudi is an open source framework for managing storage for real time processing, one of the most interesting feature is the Upsert
- VoltDB VoltDb is an ACID-compliant RDBMS which uses a shared nothing architecture.
- PipelineDB The Streaming SQL Database
- Spring Cloud Dataflow Streaming and tasks execution between Spring Boot apps
- Bonobo Bonobo is a data-processing toolkit for python 3.5+
- Robinhood's Faust Forever scalable event processing & in-memory durable K/V store as a library with asyncio & static typing.
- HStreamDB The streaming database built for IoT data storage and real-time processing.
- Kuiper An edge lightweight IoT data analytics/streaming software implemented by Golang, and it can be run at all kinds of resource-constrained edge devices.
- Hadoop MapReduce Hadoop MapReduce is a software framework for easily writing applications which process vast amounts of data (multi-terabyte data-sets) in-parallel on large clusters (thousands of nodes) of commodity hardware in a reliable, fault-tolerant manner
- AWS EMR A web service that makes it easy to quickly and cost-effectively process vast amounts of data.
- Tez An application framework which allows for a complex directed-acyclic-graph of tasks for processing data.
- Bistro is a light-weight engine for general-purpose data processing including both batch and stream analytics. It is based on a novel unique data model, which represents data via functions and processes data via columns operations as opposed to having only set operations in conventional approaches like MapReduce or SQL.
- Batch ML
- H2O Fast scalable machine learning API for smarter applications.
- Mahout An environment for quickly creating scalable performant machine learning applications.
- Spark MLlib Spark’s scalable machine learning library consisting of common learning algorithms and utilities, including classification, regression, clustering, collaborative filtering, dimensionality reduction, as well as underlying optimization primitives.
- Batch Graph
- Batch SQL
- Presto A distributed SQL query engine designed to query large data sets distributed over one or more heterogeneous data sources.
- Hive Data warehouse software facilitates querying and managing large datasets residing in distributed storage.
- Drill Schema-free SQL Query Engine for Hadoop, NoSQL and Cloud Storage.
Charts and Dashboards¶
- C3.js D3-based reusable chart library.
- D3Plus D3's simplier, easier to use cousin. Mostly predefined templates that you can just plug data in.
- PyXley Python helpers for building dashboards using Flask and React
- Plotly Flask, JS, and CSS boilerplate for interactive, web-based visualization apps in Python
- Apache Superset Apache Superset (incubating) is a modern, enterprise-ready business intelligence web application
- Redash Make Your Company Data Driven. Connect to any data source, easily visualize and share your data.
- Metabase Metabase is the easy, open source way for everyone in your company to ask questions and learn from data.
- PyQtGraph PyQtGraph is a pure-python graphics and GUI library built on PyQt4 / PySide and numpy. It is intended for use in mathematics / scientific / engineering applications.
- Luigi Luigi is a Python module that helps you build complex pipelines of batch jobs.
- Cascading Java based application development platform.
- Airflow Airflow is a system to programmaticaly author, schedule and monitor data pipelines.
- Azkaban Azkaban is a batch workflow job scheduler created at LinkedIn to run Hadoop jobs. Azkaban resolves the ordering through job dependencies and provides an easy to use web user interface to maintain and track your workflows.
- Oozie Oozie is a workflow scheduler system to manage Apache Hadoop jobs
- Pinball DAG based workflow manager. Job flows are defined programmaticaly in Python. Support output passing between jobs.
- Dagster Dagster is an open-source Python library for building data applications.
- Dataform is an open-source framework and web based IDE to manage datasets and their dependencies. SQLX extends your existing SQL warehouse dialect to add features that support dependency management, testing, documentation and more.
- Census is a reverse-ETL tool that let you sync data from your cloud data warehouse to SaaS applications like Salesforce, Marketo, HubSpot, Zendesk, etc. No engineering favors required—just SQL.
- dbt is a command line tool that enables data analysts and engineers to transform data in their warehouses more effectively.
Data Lake Management¶
- lakeFS lakeFS is an open source platform that delivers resilience and manageability to object-storage based data lakes.
ELK Elastic Logstash Kibana¶
- docker-logstash A highly configurable logstash (1.4.4) docker image running Elasticsearch (1.7.0) and Kibana (3.1.2).
- elasticsearch-jdbc JDBC importer for Elasticsearch
- ZomboDB Postgres Extension that allows creating an index backed by Elasticsearch
- Gockerize Package golang service into minimal docker containers
- Flocker Easily manage Docker containers & their data
- Rancher RancherOS is a 20mb Linux distro that runs the entire OS as Docker containers
- Kontena Application Containers for Masses
- Weave Weaving Docker containers into applications
- Zodiac A lightweight tool for easy deployment and rollback of dockerized applications
- cAdvisor Analyzes resource usage and performance characteristics of running containers
- Micro S3 persistence Docker microservice for saving/restoring volume data to S3
- Rocker-compose Docker composition tool with idempotency features for deploying apps composed of multiple containers. Deprecated.
- Nomad Nomad is a cluster manager, designed for both long lived services and short lived batch processing workloads
- ImageLayers Vizualize docker images and the layers that compose them
- Twitter Realtime The Streaming APIs give developers low latency access to Twitter’s global stream of Tweet data.
- Eventsim Event data simulator. Generates a stream of pseudo-random events from a set of users, designed to simulate web traffic.
- Reddit Real-time data is available including comments, submissions and links posted to reddit
- GitHub Archive GitHub's public timeline since 2011, updated every hour
- Common Crawl Open source repository of web crawl data
- Wikipedia Wikipedia's complete copy of all wikis, in the form of wikitext source and metadata embedded in XML. A number of raw database tables in SQL form are also available.
- Prometheus.io An open-source service monitoring system and time series database
- HAProxy Exporter Simple server that scrapes HAProxy stats and exports them via HTTP for Prometheus consumption
- Data Council Data Council is the first technical conference that bridges the gap between data scientists, data engineers and data analysts.
- Data Engineering Podcast The show about modern data infrastructure.
To the extent possible under law, Igor Barinov has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.