Awesome Arch ¶
An awesome list for an awesome project.
Arch Linux is an independently developed, x86-64 general purpose GNU/Linux distribution versatile enough to suit any role. Development focuses on simplicity, minimalism, and code elegance. Arch is installed as a minimal base system, configured by the user upon which their own ideal environment is assembled by installing only what is required or desired for their unique purposes.
- Arch Linux 32 - The community maintained continuation of 32-bit support for Arch Linux.
- Arch Linux ARM - A distribution of Linux for ARM computers.
- PacBSD - A lightweight and flexible BSD distribution that provides a base system for use of Pacman package manager.
- Arch Hurd - A derivative work of Arch Linux porting it to the GNU Hurd system with packages optimised for the i686 architecture.
- ArchWSL - ArchLinux as a WSL Instance.
- Manjaro - A professionally made Linux based operating system that is a suitable replacement for Windows or macOS.
- ArcoLinux - A full-featured distribution.
- ArchBang Linux - A lightweight distribution based on Arch Linux.
- Archman - An Arch Linux-based distribution which features the Calamares system installer and a pre-configured desktop environment.
- Bluestar Linux - A GNU/Linux distribution that is based on Arch Linux.
- EndeavourOS - A rolling release Linux distribution based on Arch Linux.
- ArchLabs Linux - A distribution based on Arch Linux and featuring the Openbox window manager as the primary desktop interface.
- Chakra GNU/Linux - A user-friendly and powerful distribution and live CD originally forked from Arch Linux.
- Namib GNU/Linux - A desktop operating system based on (and compatible with) the Arch Linux distribution.
- ArchEX - A new (190612) Linux live DVD based on Arch Linux. Arch motto is KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid.
- Arch XFerience - A modern OS based on Arch Linux, built for day-to-day operations with tons of packages & features.
- Ctlos Linux - Arch Linux based distro.
- MagpieOS - Get a fresh experience of Arch.
- Netrunner Rolling - Manjaro/Arch Linux based distro.
- PuppyRus-A - Lightweight, portable and flexible Linux based on Arch, Puppy, Porteus.
- TeLiSc OS - A simple GNU/Linux distribution based on Arch Linux which provides you a stable Arch Linux with i3 window manager.
- BlackArch Linux - (Security/Forensics) - An Arch Linux-based distribution designed for penetration testers and security researchers.
- ArchStrike - (Security) - A distribution for security professionals and researchers based on Arch Linux.
- SystemRescueCd - (Data Rescue) - An Arch-based Linux system on a bootable CD-ROM or USB drive, designed for repairing a system and data after a crash.
- MorpheusArch Linux - (Data Rescue) - A distribution based on Arch Linux.
- LinHES - (MythTV) - An attempt to make the installation of GNU/Linux and MythTV as trivial as possible.
- UBOS - (Server) - A Linux distribution designed to greatly reduce the amount of time required to set up and maintain common network services.
- TalkingArch - (Assistive) - A re-spin of the Arch Linux live ISO image, modified to include speech and Braille output for blind and visually-impaired users.
- Archphile - (Raspberry Pi/ARM/Audio) - Yet another linux audio distribution for embedded boards.
- BBQLinux - (Android Developers) - A user-friendly Linux distribution made for Android developers. It has everything on board to build AOSP or AOSP-based distributions like LineageOS or OmniROM.
- RaspArch - (Raspberry Pi/ARM) - A “remaster” of Arch Linux ARM.
SystemD-free Arch-based distros¶
- Obarun - An Arch Linux based distribution featuring the S6 init software in place of systemd.
- Artix Linux - A fork (or continuation as an autonomous project) of the Arch-OpenRC and Manjaro-OpenRC projects.
- Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre - A community driven effort to provide a fully free (as in freedom) operating system that is stable, secure, simple, lightweight that tries to Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS) with Long Term Support (LTS).
- Parabola GNU/Linux-libre - An unofficial "libre" variant of Arch Linux.
- Alfheim Linux - Systemd free Arch based Linux.
Arch Linux Installers¶
- Anarchy Linux - A simple and intuitive Arch Linux installer.
- Termux Arch - Run Arch Linux ARM on your mobile phone with Termux.
Contributions welcome! Read the contribution guidelines first.
To the extent possible under law, Panda Foss has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.