WP-CLI is the command-line interface for WordPress. It offers a complete alternative to the WordPress admin dashboard, often even surpassing its functionality or enabling new use cases. It also comes with a rich ecosystem of third-party commands that are bundled in Composer packages or directly integrated into WordPresss plugins or themes.
Everything relevant that is directly part of the official WP-CLI team.
- wp-cli.org - Homepage of the WP-CLI project.
- WP-CLI handbook - Guides on how to use or extend WP-CLI.
- WP-CLI command reference - Reference documentation for all the official WP-CLI commands.
- Make WordPress.org - CLI - Main entry point for contributing to WP-CLI.
- Contributing guide - Everything you need to know to contribute to the tool or its infrastructure.
- Official MakeWP Slack - Official Slack team where all international contributions to WordPress and its teams are discussed.
- #cli channel - The official support channel for WP-CLI and the WordPress CLI team.
- Good first issues - List of issues on that are limited in scope and complexity.
- WP-CLI GitHub organization - Canonical home of the WP-CLI source code.
- WP-CLI framework repository - The source code for the WP-CLI framework that powers all of the commands.
- WP-CLI bundle repository - The source for the WP-CLI "binary" and how it is assembled.
- WP-CLI tests repository - The testing framework used throughout all WP-CLI repositories.
Unofficial third-party packages.
Ways of searching for third-party packages you can use.
- Packagist.org search by WP-CLI package type - Composer packages filtered by type
- GitHub.com search for WP-CLI integrations - Heavily pre-filtered search for repositories that use
Third-party packages that are commonly useful.
- Yoast/wp-cli-faker - Generate fake WordPress and WooCommerce content for testing purposes.
- aaemnnosttv/wp-cli-login-command - Login to WordPress with secure passwordless magic links.
- schlessera/wp-cli-psysh - Replace WP-CLI shell standard REPL with PsySH.
- php-stubs/wp-cli-stubs - WP-CLI function and class declaration stubs for static analysis.
Tutorials & guides¶
Websites, ebooks, PDFs, talks and slide shows about how to make the most out of WP-CLI.
- An Introduction to WP-CLI - Introductory article that introduces the main concepts and some popular use cases of WP-CLI.
- Controlling WordPress through the Command Line - Introductory talk that covers the very basics of the command line for people who never used the console before.
- WP Bullet WP-CLI Guides - Snippet-based guides that solve specific use cases.
- Siteground Webinar: Learn How WP-CLI Can Make Your Life Easier - Practical examples on how you can improve your workflows with WP-CLI.
Contributions welcome! Read the contribution guidelines first.