Awesome Godot ¶
Games that use Godot.
- Blipshift - Simple top-down moving platforms game (Godot 3.1).
- BlockPop - A simple Breakout clone (Godot 2.1).
- Bombs - Simple mobile game. You need to touch bombs to defuse them (Godot 2.1).
- Breakable - A breakout-like game (Godot 3.0).
- Drone Commander - Command swarms of drones against aliens. Made for CGA JAM (Godot 2.1).
- Captain Holetooth - Explorative platformer in a detailed world. Geared towards younger players (Godot 2.1).
- Dolphin Island 2 - Platformer game made for the A Game By It's Cover 2015 Game Jam (Godot 2.1).
- DynaDungeons - Bomberman clone in a fantasy universe (Godot 2.1).
- Haldric - Official work-in-progress reimplementation of Battle for Wesnoth (Godot 3.1).
- Kraken-Rampage - Ludum Dare 33 entry made in 48 hours (Godot 2.1).
- Memory Game - Simple Memory game (Godot 3.0).
- Minehunter - A Minesweeper clone (Godot 2.1).
- Minilens - Free puzzle platform game (Godot 2.1).
- Mountain of Hope - Game made on Theater Game Jam (PGA 2015) (Godot 2.1).
- Ninja-Training - Small running game done as 1 hour challenge (Godot 2.1).
- No hope - Ludum Dare 33 entry made in 48 hours (Godot 2.1).
- Planet Rider - 2D physics parkour game in an alien environment (Godot 2.1).
- Platshoot - A 2D shooter game (Godot 2.1).
- Ringed - Top-down shooter with extensive usage of light effects (Godot 2.1).
- SealedBite - 2D platformer game, winner of the GitHub Game Off 2019 jam (Godot 3.1).
- SuperStarfighter - Fast-paced local party game with starships that battle in a top-down arena (Godot 3.1).
- Tanks of Freedom - Free turn-based isometric strategy game (Godot 2.1).
- Three Hungry Mice - Breakout game with mice made for the Godot Engine Jam of March 2016 (Godot 2.1).
- TuxBuilder - Work-in-progress reimplementation of SuperTux (Godot 3.1).
- Unknown Horizons - Official work-in-progress reimplementation of Unknown Horizons (Godot 3.1).
- Cheese Hunter - A game for Godot Engine Jam of March 2016 (Godot 2.1).
- Meteorite - A lowres metroidvania FPS, inspired by Metroid Prime, made for LOWREZJAM 2018 (Godot 3.0).
- Rapid Rescue - Rapid Rescue is a local multiplayer strategy game inspired by Labyrinth (Godot 3.1).
- Super Tux Party - A free/libre and open-source party game that is meant to replicate the feel of games such as Mario Party (Godot 3.1).
Non-game projects made with Godot (tools/utilities).
- Pixelorama - 2D pixel art editor (Godot 3.1).
- Material Maker - Create PBR materials procedurally (similar to Substance Designer) (Godot 3.1).
Projects to use as a base for your own games.
- Godot-GameTemplate - Template with all necessary stuff taken care of. Designed for pixel art games (Godot 3.1).
Demos to learn GDScript, its concepts, and various game features.
- FPS Test - A singleplayer FPS test. Physics work, but there are no enemies and no proper shooting (Godot 2.1).
- Open Source A-RPG Demo - RPG demo (Godot 3.0).
- OpenRPG - JRPG-style game demo and template (Godot 3.1).
- Pathfinding 2d - A demo project demonstrating pathfinding using a tilemap (Godot 2.1).
- Realistic Water Shader - Realistic 3D water shader with foam and caustics (Godot 3.1).
- UDP Snapshot interpolation - Lets you connect to a server and view networked physics (Godot 2.1).
- UDP State synchronization - A more efficient networking demo than the snapshot interpolation one (Godot 2.1).
- Voxel Game - Minecraft-like voxel terrain demo (Godot 2.1).
- voxelgame - Minecraft-like voxel terrain demo, utilising the godot_voxel module (Godot 3.1).
A more complete list can be found in this Reddit thread.
- Official Getting Started Guide (Godot 2.1, 3.0, 3.1)
- Getting Started with Godot by devga.me - A step-by-step introduction (Godot 3.1).
- Godot Multiplayer Tutorials - Tutorials for creating a client-server multiplayer game. Includes a tutorial for hosting a server on Google Compute Platform (Godot 3.1).
- Godot Recipes - A collection of text tutorials for from beginner to advanced. (Godot 3.x)
- Bastiaan Olij's channel - Tutorials about 3D, shaders, VR and GDNative (Godot 3.x).
- BornCG's Creating a Simple 3D Game - Tutorial series about creating a 3D game (Godot 3.1).
- Code with Tom - Learn to code by making games (Godot 3.1).
- From GM:S to Godot (Godot 3.0)
- GDquest - Tutorials about 2D and 3D game development (Godot 2.1, 3.x).
- KidsCanCode - Tutorials about 2D and 3D game development (Godot 2.1, 3.x).
- Making programs with Godot (Godot 3.1)
- Miziziziz's channel - Tutorials about 3D effects and replicating concepts from well-known games (Godot 3.0).
Stuff integrated into Godot core (C++).
- FMOD Integration - Module to integrate the FMOD audio engine in Godot.
- godot-anl - A wrapper for Accidental Noise Library with a visual noise editing support.
- godot-python - Python support for Godot 3.
- godot-enet-better - A better ENet module for high-performance multiplayer games with Godot.
- godot-voxel - Module for creating volumetric worlds in Godot Engine.
- Gdnet - An ENet wrapper for Godot.
- Gdnet for Godot 3 - An ENet wrapper for Godot 3.
- GodotSteam - Steam API library binding for Godot. Supports Windows, macOS and Linux (Godot 3.1).
- Head tracking using OpenCV
- Open Adaptive Music Library
- NativeDialogs - Using native dialogs in Godot.
- pugixml - pugixml wrap for Godot.
- RawPacker - Simple binary packing/unpacking for RawArray.
- spine - Spine animation support module.
- WaterSplash 2D node
Plugins and scripts¶
Scripts that let you do new stuff, or enhance Godot functionality.
- Auto Tile Layer - Allows automatic 2D tiling using RPG Maker's Autotile format (Godot 2.1).
- Camera2D Screen Shake - Screen shake effect for Camera2D.
- CRT Shader - Godot shader that simulates CRT displays (Godot 2.1, 3.1).
- Easing Script - A port of the Robert Penner's equations for easing.
- Escoria - Point & click adventure game framework (Godot 2.1, 3.1).
- FMOD GDNative - Plugin to use the FMOD audio engine in GDScript (Godot 3.1)
- FontAwesome - Font Awesome plugin for Godot.
- gdstats - A library of pseudorandom number generators for common statistical distributions (Godot 3.0).
- gdutils - Utilities for Godot written in GDScript.
- GitHub integration - Interact with GitHub without opening your browser (Godot 3.1).
- godotccd - Fast 3D collision checks in Godot using libccd (Godot 3.1).
- GodotPhoenixChannels - A GDScript and Godot Engine implementation for the Channels API of the Phoenix Framework (Godot 3.1).
- Godot Mixing Desk - Make procedural sound and adaptive/procedural music with a few nodes and a couple lines of code (Godot 3.1).
- Godot NExt - A set of basic node extensions (Godot 3.1).
- GodotNotificationCenter - A notification center (Godot 3.1).
- GodotTIE - Text Interface Engine to control text output (like in a RPG dialogue) (Godot 2.x, 3.x).
- Grass Plugin - A plugin to handle huge amounts of grass, foliages and other vegetations (Godot 2.1).
- gterm - GUI control that draws something similar to *nix terminal emulators (Godot 2.1).
- GUT - Utility for writing unit tests in GDScript (Godot 3.x).
- Polygon Merge - Merge polygons.
- Qodot - Quake
.mapfile support for Godot. Lets you use TrenchBroom for level design. (Godot 3.1).
- Simplex 2D/3D - Simplex deterministic noise functions.
- Scrolling Background - A scrolling background node (Godot 2.1).
- SMRT-Godot - A dialog system and editor fairly customizable, a nice fit for story-driven games (Godot 3.0).
- SUTjoystick - Easy gamepad support for GNU/Linux and Windows (Godot 2.1).
- Tiled importer - Import maps from Tiled (Godot 3.1).
- Tileset Builder - Build tilesets.
- TileSet Builder - Quickly build tilesets with style (Godot 2.x).
GDScript editor support¶
Add-ons for text editors that implement GDScript support.
- Atom - Syntax highlighting.
- Emacs - Syntax highlighting, indentation and autocompletion.
- Geany - Syntax highlighting.
- Gedit - Syntax highlighting.
- IntelliJ IDEA - Syntax highlighting and autocompletion.
- Kakoune - Syntax highlighting.
- Sublime Text - Syntax highlighting.
- Vim - Syntax highlighting, autocompletion and linting. Also supports the Godot shader language.
- Visual Studio Code - Comes with a wealth of features to make your programming experience as comfortable as possible.
Godot script editor syntax themes¶
Alternative themes for the built-in script editor.
- base16-godot - All base16 themes.
- Syntax themes by Geequlim - Chester, Google Code Light and Monokai.
- Syntax themes by Calinou - 13 syntax themes including Ayu Mirage, Darcula, Gruvbox Dark, Monokai, One Dark, Solarized, and more.
Unofficial Godot builds¶
Those builds will let you use recent versions of Godot Git, but they may be less stable than official ones – use at your own risk.
Other stuff. Bash scripts can be placed in
- build-godot and build-godot-mono - Scripts that build and run Godot, attempting to install dependencies if needed.
gd-comnpm package - Communicate with Godot clients using Node.js.
- godot-ci - Docker image to export Godot games through CI. Includes GitLab CI script example.
- godot.sh - Script that automatically downloads and launches latest version of Godot, or compiles and launches the Git
- godot-wrapper - Script that helps Debian and Ubuntu users install and use Godot.
- joystick-mapping - Tool to generate gamepad mappings for all supported platforms.
- replicate-file.sh - Script to update copies of a file with one master file.
- strip-to-frames.pl - Perl script to split a grid spritesheet image into numbered individual frame files.