Awesome DigitalOcean ¶
A curated list of awesome DigitalOcean guides, blogs, and other resources.
DigitalOcean's tagline is it is a simple and robust cloud computing platform, designed for developers. With DigitalOcean you can easily spin up cloud compute and storage resources either indivdually or with a team.
Contributions welcome. Add links through pull requests or create an issue to start a discussion.
- Using Ansible with DigitalOcean
- Ansible Cloud Modules - DigitalOcean
- Terraform - DigitalOcean Provider
- DigitalOcean in Action! - Example repo for using DigitalOcean with Terraform and Ansible.
- Use DigitalOcean as Dynamic DNS
- Spaces API
- Droplet Metadata
- Official DO Release Notes - Notes tracking incremental improvements and major releases for the DigitalOcean cloud platform.
- DigitalOcean API Slugs
Open source projects¶
- Open Source @ DigitalOcean
- Doctl - Official command-line interface for the DigitalOcean API.
Community OSS projects¶
- do-sshuttle - Transparent Proxying via sshuttle to DigitalOcean Droplet.
- drophosts - Update
/etc/hostswith peer droplets.
- droplan - Manage iptable rules for the private interface on DigitalOcean droplets.
- foreman-digitalocean - Plugin to enable management of DigitalOcean droplets in Foreman.
- lita-digitalocean - Lita handler for managing DigitalOcean services.
- hostpool - Worker pool manager for DigitalOcean hosts.
- DDNS - Personal DDNS client with DigitalOcean Networking DNS as backend.
- Less Confusing Menus - A Chrome extension that makes account menus less confusing.
- DigitalOcean Droplet creator - A dialog-based shell script to quickly create a single DigitalOcean Droplet.
- do-upgrade-plans - A script to upgrade your DigitalOcean Droplets to better plans with the same cost.
- doctl - Command-line tool for DigitalOcean services.
- digitalocean-indicator - Debian Gnome panel client.
- domanager - Linux and Windows System Tray Client.
- OceanBar - macOS menu bar client.
- Tugboat - Ruby command-line tool for DigitalOcean services, focusing on a more guided UX.
- Reddit community
- Engineering Code of Conduct
- User Scripts - User data scripts to help provision apps on a Droplet.
- Hacktoberfest - Month-long celebration of open source software in partnership with GitHub.
- SnapShooter DigitalOcean Backups - Tool for taking Daily to Hourly backups of Droplets and Volumes
To the extent possible under law, Jon Leibowitz has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.