A curated list of awesome open-source data visualizations frameworks, libraries and software. Inspired by awesome-python.
- ApexCharts - Modern & Interactive SVG Charts.
- Chart.js - Charts with the canvas tag.
- Chartist.js - Responsive charts with great browser compatibility.
- dc.js is an multi-Dimensional charting built to work natively with crossfilter.
- Dimple - An object-oriented API for business analytics.
- Dygraphs - Interactive line charts library that works with huge datasets.
- Echarts - Highly customizable and interactive charts ready for big datasets. React wrapper
- Epoch - Perfect to create real-time charts.
- MetricsGraphics.js - Optimized for time-series data.
- NVD3 - A reusable charting library written in d3.js.
- Plotly.js - Powerful declarative library with support for 20 chart types.
- TechanJS - Stock and financial charts.
- TOAST UI Chart - Complete library with support for legacy browsers.
Charting libraries for graphs¶
- Cola.js - A tool to create diagrams using constraint-based optimization techniques. Works with d3 and svg.js.
- CARTO - CARTO is an open source tool that allows for the storage and visualization of geospatial data on the web.
- Cesium - WebGL 3D globes and maps.
- Deck.gl - WebGL framework for visual exploratory data analysis of large datasets.
- DataMaps - Interactive SVG maps using D3.js.
- Mapael - jQuery plugin based on raphael.js to display vector maps.
- See Awesome D3
- BizCharts - Alibaba data visualization library based on G2 and React. English docs
- React-vis - React components to build data visualizations.
- Recharts - Declarative react components to render D3 charts.
- Victory - Composable components for building interactive data visualizations
- nivo - Supercharged dataviz components for React with isomorphic ability, demo.
- React Svg Textures - Textures.js ported to React. Fully isomorphic.
- DevExtreme React Chart - High-performance plugin-based React chart for Bootstrap and Material Design.
- Piecon - Pie charts in your favicon.
- Textures.js - A library to create SVG patterns.
- Timeline.js - Create interactive timelines.
- Vega - Vega is a visualization grammar, a declarative format for creating, saving, and sharing interactive visualization designs.
- Vis.js - A dynamic visualization library including timeline, networks and graphs (2D and 3D).
- DecoView - Animated circular wheel chart library.
- MPAndroidChart - A powerful & easy to use chart library.
- WilliamChart - Simple chart library.
- Best Excel Maps - Choropleth maps for Microsoft Excel.
- LargeVis - implementation of the LargeVis paper, used to visualize large-scale and high-dimensional data.
- PlotJuggler - open-source Qt5 application to plot charts (based on Qwt).
- Visualization Toolkit (VTK) - open-source library for 3d Graphics, image processing and visualization.
- svgo - Go Language Library for SVG generation.
- BEMSimpleLineGraph - Highly customizable and interactive line graphs.
- Charts - iOS port of MPAndroidChart. You can create charts for both platforms with very similar code.
- JBChartView - Charting library for both line and bar graphs.
- PNChart - A simple and beautiful chart lib used in Piner and CoinsMan.
- altair - Declarative statistical visualizations, based on Vega-Lite.
- bokeh - Interactive Web Plotting for Python.
- Chartify - Bokeh wrapper that makes it easy for data scientists to create charts.
- diagram - Text mode diagrams using UTF-8 characters
- ggplot - plotting system based on R's ggplot2.
- glumpy - OpenGL scientific visualizations library.
- holoviews - Complex and declarative visualizations from annotated data.
- mayai - interactive scientific data visualization and 3D plotting in Python.
- matplotlib - 2D plotting library.
- missingno - provides flexible toolset of data-visualization utilities that allows quick visual summary of the completeness of your dataset, based on matplotlib.
- plotly - Interactive web based visualization built on top of plotly.js
- PyQtGraph - Interactive and realtime 2D/3D/Image plotting and science/engineering widgets.
- PyVista – 3D plotting and mesh analysis through a streamlined interface for the Visualization Toolkit (VTK)
- seaborn - A library for making attractive and informative statistical graphics.
- toyplot - The kid-sized plotting toolkit for Python with grownup-sized goals.
- three.py - Easy to use 3D library based on PyOpenGL. Inspired by Three.js.
- veusz - Python multiplatform GUI plotting tool and graphing library
- VisPy - High-performance scientific visualization based on OpenGL.
- vtk - 3D computer graphics, image processing, and visualization that includes a Python interface.
- ggplot2 - A plotting system based on the grammar of graphics.
- ggvis - A data visualization package with a syntax similar to ggplot2 which allows you to create rich interactive graphics.
- lattice - trellis graphics for R
- plotly - Interactive charts (including adding interactivity to ggplot2 output), cartograms and simple network diagrams
- rbokeh - R Interface to Bokeh.
- rgl - 3D Visualization Using OpenGL
- shiny - Framework for creating interactive applications/visualisations
- visNetwork - Interactive network visualisations
- Chartkick - Create charts with one line of Ruby.
- viz-js.com - A hack to put Graphviz on the web
- wavedrom.com - Draws your Timing Diagram or Waveform from simple textual description
Tools that are not tied to a particular platform or language. - Charted - A charting tool that produces automatic, shareable charts from any data file. - Circos - Visualizes data in a circular layout, ideal for exploring relationships between objects or positions. Mirror on github. - Gephi - An open-source platform for visualizing and manipulating large graphs - Kepler.gl - Geospatial analysis tool for large-scale data sets. - Lightning - A data-visualization server providing API-based access to reproducible, web-based, interactive visualizations. - RAW - Create web visualizations from CSV or Excel files. - Spark - Sparklines for the shell. It have several implementations in different languages.
- Design for Information by Isabel Meirelles.
- The Best American Infographics 2014 by Gareth Cook.
- The Visual Display of Quantitative Information by Edward Tufte.
- The Wall Street Journal Guide to Information Graphics by Dona M. Wong
- Visualization Analysis and Design by Tamara Munzner.
- Interactive Data Visualization for the Web by Scott Murray. Available to read online. Focused on D3.
- Data Visualization Toolkit by Barrett Austin Clark. Uses D3, Ruby on Rails, Postgres, PostGIS, & Leaflet.
- Alberto Cairo
- Benjamin Wiederkehr
- Mara Averick
- Martin Wattenberg
- Mike Bostock
- Nadieh Bremer
- NYT Graphics
- Ann K. Emery's blog
- Data Visualization Society - The Data Visualization Society is an organization dedicated to fostering community for data visualization professionals.
- Gnuplotting - Gnuplot tutorials
- Information is Beautiful
- Junk Charts - Kaiser Fung takes apart why certain datavizes work/don't work
- Lisa Rost thinks and discusses about why we dataviz
- Makeover Monday blog - #MakeoverMonday on twitter
- The Data Visualization Catalogue - A collection of data visualization methods, with pros and cons.
- the functional art
- The Open News blog - Open news has some good dataviz related articles from time to time
- The Pudding
- Truth & Beauty Operations
- University of Washington Interactive Data Lab Papers
- vis4.net - Random thoughts on visualization and data journalism by Gregor Aisch
- Visual Complexity - A site about the visualization of complex networks.
- Please check for duplicates first.
- Keep descriptions short, simple and unbiased.
- Please make an individual commit for each suggestion
- Add a new category if needed.
Thanks for your suggestions!
To the extent possible under law, Fabio Souto has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.