Awesome Health ¶
Curated list of awesome open source healthcare software, libraries, tools and resources. Each link has been vetted to ensure the project is active and provides value to healthcare facilities, providers, developers, policy experts, and/or research scientists.
- Bahmni - Electronic Medical Record and hospital system.
- Cottage Med - Electronic Medical Record software designed by physicians.
- GNU Health - Electronic Medical Record, Hospital Management, and Health Information System.
- GNUmed - Electronic Medical Record software.
- EHRBase OpenEHR Clinical Data Repository.
- EHRServer - CaboLabs EHRServer.
- ERPNext - Modules that help manage patients, appointments, consultations, lab tests, and billing.
- EtherCIS - Enterprise Clinical Data Repository.
- FreeHealth EHR - Electronic Health Record software.
- FreeMedForms EMR - Electronic Medical Record software.
- HospitalRun - Helps provide the most modern Hospital Information System possible to the least resourced environments.
- Hospital OS - Thai Hospital Information System.
- HOSxP - Thai Hospital Information System that aims to ease the healthcare workflow of health centers and central hospitals.
- LibreHealth EHR - Clinically-focused Electronic Health Record System.
- MedinTux - French Medical Practice Management System.
- Odoo Medical - Universal Health and Hospital Information System.
- OpenClinic - Medical Records System.
- OpenEMR - Electronic Health Records and Medical Practice Management application.
- OpenEyes - Electronic Medical Record application for ophthalmology.
- Open Hospital - Electronic Medical Record software for underprivileged rural hospitals.
- openMAXIMS - Full Patient Administration System designed for the NHS.
- OpenMRS - Enterprise Electronic Medical Record System platform.
- OSCAR EMR - OSCAR McMaster Project.
- Ripple - NHS-funded, community led initiative working towards an integrated Digital Care Record Platform.
- FHIR - Fast Health Interoperability Resources.
- OpenEHR - Open specification upon which software can be built.
- Open mHealth - Open Standard For Mobile Health Data.
- SMART on FHIR - Open standards based technology platform.
- StandardHealthRecord - Open specification for health record format, aiming to be more precise than existing formats.
- Continuity of Care Document - Continuity of Care Document specifications (free account required).
- Continuity of Care Record - Specifications for the older form of CCD - sometimes called a "C32".
- HL7 Version 2 - Specifications for all versions of HL7v2 (free account required).
- OHDSI OMOP Common Data Model - Standardized data model for many healthcare concepts, awesome Github presence including scripts for many major relational databases.
- Standard Health Record Collaborative - High quality, computable source of patient information provided by establishing a single target for health data standardization.
- DICOM Standards Browser - Provides an effective way to learn the DICOM standard and inspect DICOM attributes.
- OpenEP - Suite of medicines management apps that improve the safety and efficiency of prescribing and medicines management.
- open-eObs - Observation and clinical assessment platform that offers a real-time view of all patients across a ward.
- 3D Slicer - Cross-platform application for analyzing, visualizing and understanding medical image data.
- Cornerstone - Open source project with a goal to deliver a complete web based medical imaging platform.
- dcm4che - Clinical Image and Object Management.
- Drishti - Tomography and electron-microscopy data visualizer for both scientists and lay people.
- DICOMcloud - A standalone DICOMweb server with RESTful implementation of the DICOMweb/WADO services
- Fiji - Open-source platform for biological-image analysis.
- GIMIAS - Extensible image computing and simulation software with an emphasis on specific workflows.
- Horos - Medical image viewer.
- InVesalius - Open source software for reconstruction of computed tomography and magnetic ressonance images.
- ITK - Toolkit used for the development of image segmentation and image registration programs with leading-edge algorithms in 2 and 3 dimensions.
- ITK-SNAP - Interactive software for 3 dimensional image navigation, annotation, and automatic segmentation with an emphasis on user-friendliness.
- LibreHealth Radiology - Customized version of LibreHealth Toolkit with additional tools for radiology and imaging professionals.
- OHIF - OHIF zero-footprint DICOM viewer and oncology specific Lesion Tracker.
- OpenREM - Radiation Exposure Monitoring for physicists.
- Orthanc - Lightweight DICOM server for healthcare and medical research.
- VTK - 3 dimensional visualization toolkit supporting a variety of algorithms and modeling techniques.
- OpenELIS - Laboratory Information System for Global Health.
- SENAITE - Laboratory Information Management System.
- API Server - FHIR Server to support patient- and clinician-facing apps.
- CareKit - Open source software framework for creating apps that help people better understand and manage their health.
- Clinical Meteor project - Meteor for FDA, HIPAA, and HL7 compliant applications.
- FHIRBase - Storage based on the FHIR Standard.
- FHIR Server for Azure - A .NET Core implementation of the FHIR standard.
- IBM FHIR Server - Modular Java implementation of version 4 of the HL7 FHIR specification.
- Intervention Engine FHIR Server - Generic FHIR server implementation in GoLang.
- Opal - Framework for building clinical applications.
- ResearchKit - Software framework that makes it easy to create apps for medical research or for other research projects.
- Spark - Public domain FHIR server developed in C#.
- Swift-SMART - Swift SMART on FHIR framework for iOS and OS X.
- Archie - OpenEHR Library written in Java.
- Asymmetrik FHIR API Server - A secure REST implementation for the HL7 FHIR Specification.
- DCMTK - DICOM Toolkit.
- dicom - High Performance DICOM Medical Image Parser in GoLang.
- Evil-DICOM - C# DICOM Library.
- Fellow Oak DICOM - DICOM for .NET, .NET Core, Universal Windows, Android, iOS, Mono, and Unity.
- FHIR .NET API - The official .NET API for HL7 FHIR.
- FHIR protocol buffers - A Google implementation of protocol buffers for FHIR.
- HAPI FHIR - Java API for HL7 FHIR Clients and Servers.
- Hearth - A fast FHIR-compliant server focused on longitudinal data stores.
- Health data standards - Ruby library for generating and consuming various healthcare related formats. These include HITSP C32, QRDA Category I, and QRDA Category III.
- MITK - The Medical Imaging Interaction Toolkit.
- Node HL7 - Node module that is bridged with the Java Hapi HL7 library.
- Node-hl7-parser - Open source version of Redox's HL7 v2 to schema-fied JSON parser.
- php-fhir - Tools for creating PHP classes from the HL7 FHIR Specification.
- pynetdicom - A Python implementation of the DICOM networking protocol.
- Python HL7 - Simple library for parsing messages of HL7 version 2.x into Python objects.
- Python SMART on FHIR client - Flexible Python client for FHIR servers supporting the SMART on FHIR protocol.
- Ruby FHIR - FHIR client implementation in Ruby.
- Ruby HL7 - Ruby HL7 library.
- Intervention Engine - Provides a web-application for data-driven team huddles.
- SMART Pediatric Growth Chart - Pediatric growth charts.
- Tidepool - Data platform to reduce the burden of Type 1 Diabetes.
- HealthLocker - Elixir-based personal health record.
- NextGen Connect Integration Engine - The swiss army knife of healthcare integration.
- OpenHIM - Health information mediator.
- Open Source Mirth Transforms - Open source transforms to make Mirthconnect-based integrations easier.
- echOpen - Low-cost (affordable) echo-stethoscope.
- Gluco - Glucometer.
- Murgen - Ultrasound imaging development kit.
- OpenAPS - The Open Artificial Pancreas System project is an open and transparent effort to make safe and effective basic Artificial Pancreas System.
- ADAM - Genomics analysis platform.
- Bcbio - Validated, scalable, community developed variant calling, RNA-seq and small RNA analysis.
- Galaxy - Open web-based platform for data intensive biomedical research.
- Wregex - Amino acid motif searching software with optional Position-Specific Scoring Matrix.
- Caisis - Oncology research software with a Patient Data Management System.
- Cedar - Open source tool for testing the strength of Electronic Clinical Quality Measure.
- cTAKES - Natural Language Processing System for extraction of information from Electronic Medical Record clinical free-text.
- DHIS - District Health Management Information System and data warehouse.
- IHRIS - Health Information System for management of human resources for health.
- Inferno - Open source tool that tests whether patients can access their health data through a standard interface.
- OpenSAFELY - Secure analytics platform for Electronic Health Records in the NHS.
- Snow Owl - Highly scalable, open source terminology server with revision-control capabilities and collaborative authoring platform features.
- Synthea Patient Generator - Synthetic patient generator that models the medical history of synthetic patients.
- Medical Data for Machine Learning - Curated list of medical data for machine learning.
- MEDIC Client Registry RI - The Mohawk College MARC-HI/MEDIC Client Registry EMPI Implementation.
- Healthcare.ai - Python and R tools for healthcare machine learning.
- HIPAA Compliance Policies - Makes compliance as easy as possible for companies working with protected health information.
- Tapirx - Networked medical device discovery and identification.