Jamstack: noun \’jam-stak’\
This is a carefully curated list of awesome Jamstack resources.
You might also like Awesome Static Generators.
Want to contribute with some resource? Great! Please, read the contribution guidelines before contributing.
- Jamstack resources - Videos and articles about Jamstack.
- the New Dynamic - Pick up tools in our Directory to work with the Jamstack. Browse our showcase and get inspired.
- Appernetic Gitter Chat
- Jamstack Gitter Chat
- Netlify Gitter Chat
- NetlifyCMS Gitter Chat
- the New Dynamic Slack
- Appernetic - Visual content management for static web sites, with Hugo and GitHub Pages.
- Netlify - All-in-one platform for automating modern web projects.
- Vercel - All-in-one serverless platform for modern web apps with config-free tools and workflows.
Jamstack Sites Showcase¶
- React - Built on Gatsby.
- Squoosh.app - Hosted on Netlify, demonstrates advanced features from a modern Web Application.
- Hopper - Built on Gatsby and hosted on Netlify.
- VSCode Power User Course - PWA built on Gatsby and hosted on Netlify.
- CloudyCam - PWA built on Next.js and hosted on Zeit Now v2 Serverless platform.
- FbaMonthly - Hosted on Netlify, built with Jekyll, Netlify Functions and Netlify Forms.
- Jarod Peachey - Built with Gatsby + MaterialUI and hosted on Netlify
- ProtonDB - React/MaterialUI/Firebase hosted on Netlify since August 2018. Prominent in Linux gaming community.
Static Site Generators¶
- Gatsby - Blazing-fast static site generator for React.
- Next.js - Lightweight framework for static and server-rendered applications.
- Hugo - Hugo is a static site generator written in Go.
- Jekyll - Jekyll is a simple, blog-aware, static site generator perfect for personal, project, or organization sites.
- Hexo - A fast, simple & powerful blog framework, powered by Node.js.
- Metalsmith - An extremely simple, pluggable static site generator.
- Phenomic - A modular website compiler.
- Gridsome - Vue-powered static site generator for building CDN-ready websites for any Headless CMS, APIs or Markdown-files.
- Nuxt.js - Versatile vue-based framework for server-side-rendered, static and traditional single page applications.
- eleventy - A simpler static site generator transforming various template files into HTML.
- Nift - A cross-platform open source website generator developed in C++ that is lightning fast and extremely powerful.
For a more complete list see StaticGen.
- Kentico Kontent - A cloud-native headless CMS that scales.
- Contentful - Content infrastructure for digital teams.
- NetlifyCMS - open source Git-based CMS.
- ButterCMS - Headless CMS and Content API.
- GraphCMS - The GraphQL Headless CMS.
- Prismic - Headless API CMS for both developers and marketers.
- Siteleaf - A friendly CMS for your static site.
- DatoCMS - The API-based CMS your editors will love.
- Prose - Prose is a content editor for GitHub designed for managing websites.
- Tipe - Next Generation API-first CMS.
- Forestry - Headless CMS for sites built with static site generators.
- Coisas - A client-side CMS for editing GitHub Markdown (and other) files.
- Cockpit - A self-hosted headless and api-driven CMS.
- HeadlessCMS - A List of Content Management Systems for Jamstack Sites.
- TakeShape - Headless GraphQL API CMS with 1-click deploy to Netlify.
- Ghost - A headless CMS for online publications
- Strapi - The open source Headless CMS Front-End Developers love.
- Flotiq - An effortless headless CMS.
- Auth0 - Single sign on and token based authentication.
- Netlify Identity - Brings a full suite of authentication functionality, backed by the GoTrue API.
- Jexia UMS - REST API User management system for your webside with identy provider with JWT + extra functionality.
- Disqus - Global comment system that improves discussion on websites and connects conversations across the web.
- Facebook Comments - The comments plugin lets people comment on content on your site using their Facebook account.
- Utterances - A lightweight comments widget built on GitHub issues. Use GitHub issues for blog comments, wiki pages and more.
- Getform - Form backend platform for designers and developers. Setup your form endpoints for your static site within minutes and expand your data with Zapier integration and Webhooks support.
- Netlify Forms - Built-in form handling on building time by parsing HTML files directly at deploy time.
- StaticKit - Modern forms for static sites, with client libraries for React and HTML.
- Flatmarket - Flatmarket is a free, open source e-commerce platform for static websites.
- GoCommerce - A headless e-commerce for Jamstack sites.
- Snipcart - A powerful shopping cart platform for developers.
- Moltin - eCommerce API for developers.
- Trolley - A shopping cart designed for the Jamstack.
- Shopify - Shopify headless e-commerce solution.
- Algolia - The most reliable platform for building search into your business.
- Lunr - Search made simple (on frontend).
- GraphQL - Query language for APIs and a runtime for fulfilling those queries with your existing data.
- Graphcool - Open-source and self-hosted backend-as-a-service to develop serverless GraphQL backends.
- FaunaDB - Relational NoSQL database with joins, indexes, and multi-region ACID transactions in the cloud or on-premise.
- Jexia DataSet - REST API Schema & Shemaless cloud data storage with built-in validators, relations, aggregation functions.
- Jexia FileSet - REST API File manager for your application with indexing and extra functions.
- Zapier - Trigger actions connecting more than 1000 apps together.
- DataFire - DataFire is an open source framework for building and integrating APIs.
- Netlify Functions - Netlify lets you deploy Lambda functions without an AWS account, and with function management handled directly within Netlify.
- Amazon Lambda - Lets you run code without provisioning or managing servers.
- Microsoft Azure
- Azure Functions - Serverless compute service that enables you to run code on-demand without having to explicitly provision or manage infrastructure.
- Azure Logic Apps - Simplifies building automated scalable workflows that integrate apps and data across cloud services and on-premises systems.
- Google Cloud
- App Engine - Serverless application that completely abstracts away infrastructure so you focus only on code.
- Cloud Functions - Serverless environment to build and connect cloud services.
- Cloud Datastore - Highly-scalable NoSQL database with automatic sharding and replication.
- Cloud Storage - Geo-redundant object storage for high QPS needs.
- Cloud Pub/Sub - Geo-redundant real-time messaging for all message sizes and velocities.
- Apigee - Enterprise API management for multi-cloud environments.
- Endpoints - API management apps built on Google Cloud.
- Cloud Dataflow - Serverless stream and batch data processing service.
- BigQuery - Serverless data warehousing services that help you to deploy advanced cloud data warehousing solutions for your enterprise.
- Cloud ML Engine - Serverless machine learning services that automatically scales built on custom Google hardware (Tensor Processing Units).
- Serverless - Toolkit for deploying and operating serverless architectures.
- Cloudinary - Serverless media (images/videos) management platform. Provides SDKs in every popular language and media widgets for Jamstack to make it easy to manage media, CDN, storage, transformations, and more.
For a more complete list see Awesome Serverless.
- Rise of the Jamstack - Mathias Biillman.
- Jamstack: Silly name, serious stuff - Phil Hawksworth.
- Git-based or API-driven CMS - Chris Macrae.
- Jamstack Tutorial - Full site using Netlify & Hugo - freeCodeCamp.org.
- Gatsby JS Crash Course - Traversy Media.
- How We Got Here and The Future of the Web - Kyle Mathews.
- Talks from all the Jamstack Conferences - Jamstack Conf.
- How I Used React, Vue, & Node to Build a Single Jamstack App - Ahmad Awais.
- React vs Vue, Gatsby vs Gridsome - building the same site - Ondrej Polesny.
Tutorials / Articles¶
- Ghost on the Jamstack
- Building a contact form in Gatsby using Getform
- Getting Started with Gatsby and Cockpit — Part 1 of 2
- Creating Static E-commerce site with GatsbyJs
- For Static Sites, There’s No Excuse Not to Use a CDN
- E-commerce front-end for Vue.js, Nuxt.js and Snipcart
- Building Paul The Octopus
- Jamstack and Netlify: Do We really need another buzzword?
- The Jamstack Startup Landscape
- How I built my blog using Gatsby and Netlify
- Developer's Guide to Headless E-Commerce
- Handling Static Forms, Auth & Serverless Functions with Gatsby on Netlify
- Jamstack for Clients: Benefits, Static Site CMS, & Limitations
- Exploring Netlify CMS, a React & Git-Based Content Management System
- Jamstack PWA — Let’s Build a Polling App. with Gatsby.js, Firebase, and Styled-components Pt. 1
- Dynamic Static Sites with Netlify and iOS Shortcuts; Use Netlify Functions, a Gulp build process and iOS Shortcuts to publish dynamic content to your static site
- Gatsby for Apps
- Turning the Static Dynamic
- Going Jamstack with Netlify and Nuxt
- Getting Started With Gridsome
- The Complete Beginner's Guide to Deploying Your First Static Website to IPFS
- A Broad Discussion on Jamstack & E-Commerce (Podcast & Transcript)
- The Beginner's Guide to Static Site Generators
- 9 Headless CMS Options for Your Jamstack Site
- State of Jamstack 2020 report
- Modern Web Development on the Jamstack - By Mathias Biilmann & Phil Hawksworth (published by O'Reilly).
- Hugo in Action