Awesome CouchDB ¶
A curated meta resources & best practices list for CouchDB.
CouchDB is a document-oriented NoSQL database that syncs.
Pull-Requests are welcomed.
News & Blog Posts¶
Patterns & Best Practices¶
- Best Practices - Best Practices, eHealth Africa.
- Pagination strategies with PouchDB
- 12 pro tips for better code with PouchDB
- Linux tuning for better CouchDB performance
- PouchDB - Secondary Indexes
- Cloudant - MapReduce Primer - Great intro on reduce, group, group_level.
- Using View Collation - Index mapping (emits) for data joins.
- Views Collation - More documentation on "View Collation".
- Cloudant - MapReduce and the Secondary Index (Video) - Great videos here on mapReduce, secondary indexes, and complex keys.
- Cloudant - Design Documents - Cloudant's documentation is also great resource for learning concepts of CouchDB.
- Cloudant - Design Document Management - How to manage design doc changes in production.
- Joins with Views - Must read for understanding approach on doing efficient joins for CouchDB/PouchDB.
- Grouping related documents together in Cloudant - An approach that leverages CouchDB high availability nature.
- 10 Common Misconceptions - More videos from this conference.
- The NoSQL Tapes - CouchDB is discussed on Volume 5 - CouchDB, Volume 8 - MapReduce.
- Scaling Out with BigCouch - O'Reilly video on scaling out with BigCouch.
- IBM - The New Builders Webinar Series
- Jaki - A simple ClojureScript CouchDB client
-dev is where developers of couchdb chat, -user is where users of couchdb chat and there's some crosstalk ofc -dev is appropriate if you're talking about changes to couchdb itself ("developer" doesn't mean you have to have a commit bit or anything) -rnewson
- Mailing Lists
- Mailing Lists Description
- Grokbase - Mailing lists in a Stack Overflow-like interface.
- Cloudant - Distributed database as a service (DBaaS).
- Smileupps - CouchDB hosting.
- Bitnami Launchpad for Google Cloud Platform - Host CouchDB on Google Cloud Platform.
- PouchDB - A pocket-sized database.
- FoundationDB - CouchDB 4.0 will utilize FoundationDB.
- Hoodie - A backend for Offline First applications.
- Couchbase - NoSQL database.
- Migrating from Apache CouchDB - Comparison of CouchDB and CouchBase
- Dynamo and CouchDB Clusters - Article about scaling CouchDB, using clusters.
- Google’s paper on Sawzall - Exotic Reductions Examples.
- What Every Developer Should Know About CouchDB - Article about lessons learned.
- CouchDB Maximum Database Size
- NOSQL Patterns
- Persistent Trees in git, Clojure and CouchDB
- CouchDB - JSON and B-trees and REST, oh my!
- PouchDB - Attachments are overrated - "Update: since this post was written, the stability and performance of attachments in PouchDB has greatly improved. ..."
- Cloudant - Attachments Performance Considerations
- Are attachments duplicated for each revision? - Mailing list discussion about attachments across revisions.
- Simple CouchDB and Cloudant Backup - Article on IBM about backups.
- Cloudant Backup Guide - Cloudant docs on backups.
- Bitnami CouchDB - Bitnami makes it easy to run CouchDB in the cloud.
- Official CouchDB Wiki
- Official CouchDB Wiki (old) - Some things aren't on new wiki yet.
- Cloudant Official Guides - Applicable to CouchDB.
- List of CouchDB Clients
- List of CouchDB Useful Utilities
- Old Wiki's Related Projects List
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.