Awesome Educational Games ¶
A curated list of awesome educational games to learn editors, languages, programming, etc.
Please read the contribution guidelines before contributing.
Educational games are designed to teach people about certain subjects, expand concepts, reinforce development, understand an historical event or culture, or assist them in learning a skill as they play - Wikipedia
Art & Design¶
- Canon Explains Exposure - Learn how to give your photographs just the right amount of light.
- Can't Unsee - A game where your attention to details earns you a lot of coins.
- Font Memory Game - Recognizing different styles of fonts is one of the most challenging parts of typography.
- Method of Action - A collection of games that teach you design principles.
- The Bézier Game - Bézier Curves
- Color - Color
- Shape Type - Letter Shaping
- Kern Type - Kerning
- Pixactly - A pixels test to quiz your knowledge.
- The Boolean Game - Learn how to use boolean operations in Sketch, Figma, and other vector editors.
- Educational Video Games Can Boost Motivation to Learn - An article by New York University.
- Fact or Fiction?: Video Games Are the Future of Education - An article by Scientific American.
- Five Reasons to Use Games in the Classroom - An article by Education World.
- CSS Diner - It's a little game to help you learn CSS selectors.
- CSS Grid Garden - A game for learning CSS grid layout.
- Flexbox Defense - Unlike other tower defense games, you must position your towers using CSS!
- Flexbox Froggy - A game for learning CSS flexbox.
- Flexbox with Webflow - Learn and master flexbox in 28 interactive levels—without writing code.
- Open Vim - Interactive Vim tutorial.
- Vim Adventures - Learning Vim while playing a game.
- Vim Genius - Increase your speed and improve your muscle memory with Vim Genius.
- Duolingo - Learn Spanish, French and other languages for free.
Math & Computer Science¶
- Alligator Eggs! - A pen-and-paper game for children that teaches lambda calculus.
- CS Unplugged - A collection of classroom activities that teach computer science concepts without using computers.
- Finitris - See what goes into running a regular expression.
- Guess The Correlation - Try to guess how correlated the two variables in a scatter plot are.
- Learning Music - Explore the fundamentals of music via Ableton's interactive website.
- Learning Synths - Learn the basics of using synthesizers (or synths).
- Pianu - Learn how to play the piano in-browser.
- BOX-256 - Program a fictional CPU with assembly to output graphics.
- Clips the Game - A demanding logic game based on the clips rule engine.
- Code Avengers - Learn to build websites, apps and games in a fun and effective way.
- Code School - Learn to code in the comfort of your browser.
- Code.org - Every student in every school should have the opportunity to learn computer science.
- Codecademy - Learn to code interactively, for free.
- CodeCombat - The most engaging coding game for learning programming.
- CodinGame - A challenge-based training platform where you can play with the hottest programming topics.
- Cube Composer - A puzzle game inspired by functional programming.
- Deadlock Empire - Solve puzzles with concurrency.
- Free Code Camp - An open source community that helps you learn to code.
- Learn Git Branching - Interactive Git tutorial that emphasizes branching.
- Mimo - Learn how to become a developer on mobile.
- Programming Games Wiki - A long-standing catalogue of programming games through the years.
- RegexOne - Learn Regular Expressions with simple, interactive exercises.
- ReturnTrue - A game were you learn about booleans, return true to win.
- Screeps - The world's first MMO strategy sandbox game for programmers.
- Swift Playgrounds - Learn to code on your iPad in a seriously fun way.
- Web Audio School - Interactive WebAudio tutorials.
- XSS game - A game about tricking people into running code in their browsers.
To the extent possible under law, Yrgo has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.