A curated list of the most fabulous packages, prompts, and resources for the friendly interactive shell.
Want to add your project here? Fork this repo, make your changes and open a pull request. Is anything wrong, unclear, or missing? Help us improve this page—thank you!
Looking to get started with fish? Try it in your browser.
What's in the menu?¶
- Fisher - Minimal, fast and reliable package manager.
- Fundle - config.fish-based package manager inspired by vundle.
- Oh My Fish! - Shell configuration framework and package manager all-in-one.
- Pure - Port of sindresorhus/pure prompt.
- Mono - No bells or whistles, minimal shell prompt.
- Metro - Git-aware, space-conscious, powerline prompt.
- Bobthefish - Robust, git-aware, powerline prompt.
Commands, utilities, functions¶
- enhancd - A next-generation cd command with your interactive filter
- z - Pure-fish rupa/z-like directory jumping.
- fzf - Improved key bindings for junegunn/fzf.
- bax - Run bash scripts, replaying environment changes in fish (see also bass).
- done - Automatically receive notifications when a long process finishes.
- mock - Quick and powerful function mocks.
- spark - Pure-fish sparkline generator: ▁▂▃▅▂▇ in your shell.
- gitnow - A collection of utility functions set to speed up your git workflow.
- pisces - Autoclose parentheses, braces, quotes and other paired symbols in the command-line.
- getopts - CLI options parser; alternative to the argparse fish builtin.
- git-util - Git utility functions to query the status of a repository.
- fishtape - TAP-based test runner for fish scripts.
- ssh-agent - Utility functions to start your ssh agent.
- bang-bang - Bash-like history substitution.
- virtualfish - Virtualenv wrapper.
- apple-touchbar - Customize your Touch Bar in iTerm2.
- jorgebucaran/nvm - Pure-fish Node.js version manager.
- fabioantunes/nvm - nvm wrapper with completions (see also brigand/fast-nvm).
- jbonjean/re-search - More readline (or bash) like incremental history search.
Articles, tutorials, guides¶
- The fish cookbook (by @jorgebucaran)
- The fish shell is awesome (by @jvns)
- Why you should give fish a chance (by @jukben)
- A user introduction to the fish shell (by @flaviocopes)
- Came for the colors, stayed for the sane scripting! (by @mvolkmann)